Over 490,000 square feet of Oregon Military Department facilities were seismically evaluated using basic and enhanced performance levels of the ASCE 41-13 guidelines. The assessments consisted of two paths of evaluation per facility: (1) to meet baseline seismic requirements; and (2) to achieve enhanced seismic performance. For each structure MCE performed analysis, narratives and reports for structural upgrades with detailed preliminary estimates of probable construction costs.
- Seismic Evaluations using Basic and Enhanced Performance Objectives of the ASCE 41
Other standards used for evaluations included:
- 2012 International Building Code (IBC)
- Department of Defense Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC) 3-310-04, Seismic Design of Buildings
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE/SEI) 41-13 guidelines
- Construction types included concrete masonry units (CMU), cast-in-place concrete, concrete tilt, and steel-braced frame