Kevin McCormick, PE, SE
Kevin's enthusiasm and sincere concern for the client's success guides each project he designs and manages as the managing principal of Miller Consulting Engineers.
With MCE since 1989, his engineering practice has developed into a deep understanding of structural design and construction services. Retrofitting structures while fully operational without interruption to the tenant is one of Kevin’s specialties illustrated by the Oregon State Capitol, Phase I, Seismic Upgrade in 1995, earning SEAO’s Excellence in Engineering award. Design elements included the design of a base isolated mural frame, which allowed the delicate murals of the Oregon State Capitol building rotunda to “float” in the event of a moderate-size earthquake.
Kevin's other specialized experience includes expert witness services, and investigative and consulting for design and construction defects, hidden decay, and property damage. Residential and commercial fire damage repairs, collapse venue sites, warehouses, bridges and large office buildings also fall under his portfolio of structural engineering expertise, permit guidance and construction administration expertise.
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, Portland State University
- Expert Witness Services
- Forensic Evaluation
- Historic Structures
- Multifamily Structural Damage Repair
- Seismic Retrofit
- Structural Review for Legal Services
Professional Affiliations and Activities:
- Structural Engineers Association of Oregon, President
- Past Chair of SEAO Scholarship Fund Tradeshow
- Oregon Chapter of American Concrete Institute
- Chairman of NW Conference for Structural Engineers' Association
- State Capitol Building Master Planning Committee (2008)
- SEAO Oregon Snow Load Committee