- Managing Principal
- BSCE, Portland State University (1989)
- 20 years of experience as a practicing consulting structural Engineer
- Registered Structural Engineer in Oregon and Washington
- Forensic Evaluation / Structural review for legal services
- Commercial and Residential Construction
- Historic Structures
- Seismic Retrofit
Professional Affiliations and Activities
- Structural Engineers Association of Oregon
- Past Chair of SEAO Scholarship Fund Tradeshow
- Oregon Chapter of American Concrete Institute
- Chairman of NW Conference for Structural Engineers' Association
- State Capitol Building Master Planning Committee (2008)
- SEAO Oregon snow load committee
Kevin McCormick, P.E., S.E. specializes in specialty design projects and the seismic retrofit of historical structures. Together with his experience in project management and in partnering experience, he has been able to complete his projects ahead of schedule and under budget. At the client's request, Kevin has designed repairs for structures allowing the buildings to be fully operational without interruptions to tenants during the repairs.
In addition, Mr. McCormick has a reputation of being able to clearly communicate his design recommendations and results. Kevin provides expert testimony for numerous legal proceedings and offers this as one of his specialties.
Mr. McCormick has successfully designed numerous large churches and office buildings. Kevin is competent in design with a variety of materials including concrete, wood, steel, masonry and aluminum. Kevin's experience includes seismic evaluations and retrofit of unreinforced masonry and concrete structures. He is also the Structural Engineer of Record for the award-winning Oregon State Capitol Seismic Upgrade - Phase I.